Dr. Steve Watson
Dr of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master of Creative Arts (M.C.A.)
Bachelor of Music Education (B.M.E.)
Fellowship of Trinity College (F.T.C.L.)
Licentiate of Trinity College (L.T.C.L.)
Diploma of Sydney Conservatorium of Music (D.S.C.M)
Licentiate in Music (L. Mus. A.)
Associate in Music (A. Mus. A.)
The Principal Conductor and Musical Director of the SCO. He has presented many successful concerts with this excellent orchestra during the last twenty years. He also has conducted the Sydney International Orchestra, the Sydney Youth Orchestra and the SBS Youth Orchestra. International experiences include the symphony orchestras of Malta and Cuba.
Steve was Musical Director of the Beethoven Society of Australia for 12 years. He has directed Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony at the Sydney Opera House on five occasions, with a massed choir of four hundred voices.
As a vocalist, Steve’s distinctive bass baritone voice is featured on hundreds of radio and television commercials. Steve is frequently engaged as an Adjudicator of vocal, choral and instrumental sections of Eisteddfods throughout New South Wales.
- Solo Cabaret Artist
- Weekly performances on Channel 9’s Sound of Music
- Studio recording artist, solo and close-harmony group vocals, for radio and television commercials
- Live performance back-up vocalist for Michael Crawford, Elvis to the Max, Royal Command Performance at The Sydney Entertainment Centre
- Choral Director: Andrea Bocelli in Concert
- Baritone soloist in a televised performance of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony in Beijing
- Lead roles:- The role of Jesus in The Jesus Christ Revolution, Comedy Theatre, Melbourne; Captain Georges Duval in ‘Blue Moon’; Judd Fry in ‘Oklahoma’; Pirate King in The Pirates of Penzance