A Selection of Career Highlights
Dr Steve Watson – Conductor/Musical Director – Selected Career Highlights:
- Sydney Olympic Games 2000 –International Service for Peace and Fallen Olympians, featuring the Sydney Concert Orchestra, & Voice Australia at the Lake of Remembrance- Hyde Park
- Gershwin Sings and Swings-presented on the Aquashell, Darling Harbour
- Hollywood on the Bay-presented on the Aquashell, Darling Harbour
- A Salute to the music of Composer John Williams, featuring the Sydney Concert Orchestra at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall.
- Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony in the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall, with featured Sydney and International choirs (on six occasions).
- Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony in historic Teatru Manoel Malta, with the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra.
- World Premiere Performance of Fantasy for Harp and Orchestra, composed by Ann Carr Boyd-presented at the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre
- Weber’s Overture to Der Freischutz¸ featuring the Cuban Symphony Orchestra, in Havana.
- Conductor/Orchestrator: A Salute to the Music of Burt Bacharach-featuring the Sydney Concert Orchestra and guest artists- on the Aquashell, Darling Harbour.
- Choral Director of 100 voices performing the Australian National Anthem for Australia versus England Cricket Test at the SCG; Australia versus South Africa Rugby International at Suncorp Stadium; Australia versus New Zealand Rugby International (Bledisloe Cup) at Suncorp Stadium.
- Recordings: Conductor-Nessun Dorma featuring SSO musicians, for the New Zealand Tourist Bureau.
- Recordings: Vocal tutor and session singer for A Call to the Sons of America- Civil War Concerto-‘Old Glory’, composer Warren Daly.
- Handel’s Messiah at St Mary’s Cathedral Sydney, with the SCO and one-hundred voices.
- Guest Conductor-A Hot August Night Tribute with Peter Byrne, at the Brisbane Convention Centre
- World Expo 88: A Celebration of Irving Berlin’s 100th Birthday-with the National Arts Orchestra, on the Riverstage, Brisbane City.